Royal-Pedic Premier Natural Cotton Mattress (Dr.’s note required)
This is one of the firmest Royal-Pedic mattresses we offer. This pocketed innerspring mattress features many layers of pure, clean, natural cotton that was raised without using harmful pesticides. This mattress is a good choice for those who are highly chemically sensitive. This model requires a doctor’s note from an M.D. or D.C. because it does not contain the French wool wrap for fire protection. If you cannot get a doctor’s note, we suggest you consider the Royal-Pedic Natural Cotton Mattress w/Wool Wrap.
This mattress features the Royal-Pedic German-engineered innerspring system. This is an individually pocketed mattress that provides more flexibility for sensitivity to body contours and a denser feel. Heavy-duty border wire is installed around the perimeter of the spring unit to provide structure and support. Craftsmen attach close to 60 pounds of pre-compressed layers of cotton in a king size Premier mattress! The cotton is tufted by hand with European tufting straps, a method used by Royal-Pedic since the 1940s to create world-class natural mattresses. Hand tufting pre-compresses the layers of padding to hold all the filling materials in place, and to minimize body impressions for orthopedic back support and overall mattress longevity.
The double diamond foundation has flexibility so that the mattress and box spring work together to provide superior comfort. Since most of our body weight is located in the center third, the boxspring unit contains extra rows of support there. With care taken to every deal, the box spring is upholstered with heavy duty fabric made with cotton. Those who buy a Royal-Pedic mattress from us tell us they are overwhelmed by the quality and craftsmanship, that this mattress is not only beautiful but built for long term comfort. Consider all of these reasons why a Royal-Pedic mattress is a superior choice:
- Innerspring System: double heat tempered, Royal-Flex® 950i innerspring system designed in Switzerland.
- Plush Cotton Padding: skilled craftsmen hand layer the staple cotton padding on each side of the innerspring unit to ensure a consistent and supportive sleeping surface
- Premium Fabric: Exquisite Long-Staple Cotton Damask from Germany featuring Royal-Pedic logo
- Natural Cotton Fill: inner cotton batting is made from long-staple cotton, free of dyes, sizing chemicals, fabric softener chemicals, and fire-retardant chemicals
- European Hand-tufting: hand tufted in an old-fashioned manner with European tufting straps to pre-compress the padding for orthopedic back support
- Double Diamond Box spring: box spring coils are mounted to untreated Poplar wood harvested from sustainable forestry in Canada and wrapped in premium long-staple cotton. Approximately 8″ thick
|Compare & Save||Royal-Pedic Premiere Natural Collection||Royal-Pedic Natural Collection|
|Ticking (outer fabric)||Exquisite Long-Staple Cotton Damask from Germany featuring Royal-Pedic logo||Solid Natural Canvas from Peru & US|
|Mattress Innerspring Unit||760 coils in a queen size bed||630 coils in a queen size bed|
|Premium Cotton Padding||Premium grade long-staple cotton||Same as Premiere Natural Collection|
|Box Spring||Double Diamond Box Spring as standard (contains 22% more coils, and 50% more in the center third than H-2)||H-2 box spring frame|