You won’t find a better quality, more luxurious organic innerspring mattress than this model by Royal-Pedic. Interior designers purchase this mattress, usually as a set, for their most prestigious clients. This model features the silky soft German fabric with tiny Royal-Pedic logo woven throughout. This model is the perfect choice for anyone who won’t settle for less than the best when it comes to their sleeping comfort.
Royal-Pedic considers this firm, orthopedic support. We recommend purchasing this mattress with the Royal-Pedic latex topper because the mattress is pretty firm by itself. With the topper, you will experience 5-star hotel quality comfort. Customers who purchase this mattress without a topper usually come back to buy the topper because the mattress can often be uncomfortable for side sleepers due to its firmness.
The mattress is constructed using multiple layers of the purest long staple organic cotton grown without pesticides. The organic mattress is free of chemical flame retardants. The 3-inch French wool wrap provides the fire barrier, is certified organic, and adds a layer of plushness to the top of this mattress.
This mattress features the Royal-Pedic German engineered innerspring system. This is an individually pocketed mattress which provides more flexibility for sensitivity to body contours and a denser feel. Heavy duty border wire is installed around the perimeter of the spring unit to provide structure and support.
Craftsmen attach close to 60 pounds of pre-compressed layers of organic cotton in a king size Premier mattress! The cotton is tufted by hand with European tufting straps, a method used by Royal-Pedic since the 1940’s to create world class organic mattresses. Hand tufting pre-compresses the layers of padding to hold all the filling materials in place, and to minimize body impressions for orthopedic back support and overall mattress longevity. The mattress surface is then wrapped with layers made with organic French wool to wick away moisture, regulate temperature and provide a natural fire barrier, and covered in a luxurious jacquard woven fabric made with organic cotton.
The double diamond foundation has flexibility so that the mattress and box spring work together to provide superior comfort. Since most of our body weight is located in the center third, the boxspring unit contains extra rows of support there. With care taken to every deal, the box spring is upholstered with heavy duty fabric made with organic cotton – even the undercloth on the bottom.
Made in the U.S.A.
- Innerspring system: double heat-tempered, German engineered 950i individually pocketed coil innerspring
- Organic fabric: Exquisite Organic Cotton Damask from Germany featuring Royal-Pedic logo
- Organic cotton fill: inner cotton batting is 100% organically grown — free of dyes, sizing chemicals, fabric softener chemicals, and fire retardant chemicals
- Organic French wool wrap: serves as flame retardant and meets all fire codes without a doctor’s prescription! Needle-punched organic wool from the south of France
- European hand-tufting: hand tufted with European tufting straps to pre-compress the padding for orthopedic back support
- Mattress height: 9-9.5″ thick
- Double Diamond box spring: covered in a heavy-duty organic cotton and features a layering of organic staple cotton padding along with chemical-free French wool wrap. Brass corner guards. Approx. 8″ thick
|Compare & Save||Royal-Pedic Premiere Natural Collection||Royal-Pedic Natural Collection|
|Ticking (outer fabric)||Exquisite Organic Cotton Damask from Germany featuring Royal-Pedic logo||Solid Natural Organic Canvas from Peru & US|
|Mattress Innerspring Unit||760 coils in a queen size bed||630 coils in a queen size bed|
|Organic Cotton Padding||Premium grade long staple organic||Same as Premiere Natural Collection|
|Box Spring||Double Diamond Box Spring as standard (contains 22% more coils, and 50% more in the center third than H-2)||H-2 box spring frame|