FEATURING: Obasan Organic Mattresses
A MATTRESS MADE FOR TWO SHOULDN’T BE DESIGNED FOR ONE
Everyone sleeps in their own unique way. Obasan believes that your mattress should be a reflection of that. Each sleeping partner is different, but an Obasan mattress ensures a good night’s sleep for both you and your partner, no matter what your predominant sleeping positions may be.
Obasan products are only available in NYC Showroom
More info >
Because everyone deserves a healthier night's sleep
OUR BEST-SELLING OYASUMI MATTRESS!
(means Good Night in Japanese)
0% Interest Up to 24 Months*
*subject to credit approval. Visit or call a showroom for details.
Why you should purchase your organic mattress and bedding from The Clean Bedroom:
- Our prices are fair.
- We research every brand we carry, testing the mattresses and bedding to be sure they meet our rigorous standards for purity and construction.
- Our extensive product knowledge helps you select the mattress and bedding that is right for you.
- We listen. We recommend. You decide.
10 reasons why you should sleep on an organic mattress
- Standard industry mattresses are made from manmade materials most of them petrochemical-based.
- Petrochemical based means the materials are derived from one of the world's most valuable resources: oil
- Oil is not a renewable resource.
- Oil is highly flammable.
- Oil contains toxins. Remember seeing cleanup workers wearing suits and gas masks after the Gulf oil spill? They were protecting themselves against toxins emitted from oil.
- Petrochemical based materials have never been tested for the long term health effects they may have on humans.
- If you sleep on a foam mattress, you're spending a third of your life sleeping on oil. If the sales person says it's natural because it comes from the ground, remember the cleanup crew in the Gulf.
- All mattresses sold in the U.S. have to meet the U.S. Fire Code burn test. Mattresses need to be treated so they don't ignite in a fire, which is a good thing. However, the chemicals used to treat mattresses so they are flame proof are highly suspect. No long term studies have been done to see what effects these chemical treatments may have on humans. Information stating they are safe is provided by the mattress industry, backed up by a vague statement from the FDA. You decide.
- Our skin absorbs toxins, our lungs breathe in the airborne vapors. Do you really want to trust the mattress industry to tell you it's safe to sleep on their materials?
- Organic mattresses are made with materials found in nature, resources that encourage sustainable farming throughout the world:
a. cotton grown without pesticides
b. wool from sheep raised on organic farms
Let us help you make the healthier choice.
Our recommendation for allergy sufferers:
- Choose a natural latex mattress. It's anti-microbial, anti-bacterial, and dust mite proof.
- Mattress encasings for dust mite protection.
- HEPA Air purifiers to rid your bedroom of airborne allergens. Shop now >
- A Healthy Pillow - find out which pillow will end your night time suffering. Read now >
- What's the difference between Talalay latex and Dunlop latex? - read our blog to find out. Blog post >
Brands we carry:
- Austin Air (27)
- Coyuchi (18)
- Crescent Moon (6)
- glo Organics (7)
- Green Sleep (5)
- Holy Lamb Organics (13)
- IQ Air (6)
- Live Good (3)
- Mari Ann Silk (7)
- Mulberry West (2)
- Obasan Organic Mattresses (5)
- Ogallala Comfort Company (5)
- Oyasumi (3)
- Royal-Pedic (13)
- Sachi Organics (8)
- Suite Sleep (3)
- The BedWorks of Maine (7)
- The Clean Bedroom (1)
- Urban Woods (4)
- Vermont Furniture Designs (2)
Visit our showrooms for special offers & promotions not available online. It's worth the trip!