5 Simple Steps to Sleep Well
Five Simple Steps to a Sound Slumber (from the National Sleep Foundation)
Health is a common topic these days — and one of the foundational pillars of good health is getting solid, restorative, and adequate sleep. How to do this in a worrisome world? We found some tips from the National Sleep Foundation. Read on!
- Go to bed and get up at the same time each night. Doing this will train your body and help your circadian rhythm to be regular. Over time, it will become easier to fall asleep and rise.
- Keep your sleeping environment cool because 60 to 67 degrees is the best for sleeping. Utilizing breathable fabrics in your bedding will help you to stay cool also.
- Keep your sleeping environment dark. To do this, eliminate screens in the bedroom as the blue light can interfere with your body’s signal to sleep. Room-darkening shades are helpful or you can use an eye mask to completely block out light.
- Establish a bedtime ritual – it can be as simple as a warm bath, reading for 10 minutes, or meditation – whatever is relaxing to you that you can do consistently. Your ritual will signal to your body and mind that it is time to rest.
- Exercise daily. Vigorous exercise helps the most, but any kind of exercise is helpful. Avoid exercise in the last hour before bed.
There are more suggestions to help you at the National Sleep Foundation’s website. We wish you a healthy night of slumber!