Why Organic Bedding?
Guest blogger: Jennifer Thibodeau, Marketing Manager
Wondering why you should choose organic and all-natural bedding as opposed to standard bedding found on your local department store shelves?
- The materials are raised and processed without toxic chemicals such as formaldehyde, boric acid, and benzene
- Conventional cotton is responsible for 25% of the insecticides used worldwide
- Pesticides have been linked to the collapse of species including bees, fish, bats, and birds
- Organic sheets and other bedding made without dyes and chemical bleaches are softer and gentler to your skin, a great relief to people suffering from eczema
- Organic blankets and comforters can keep you warm and cozy without overheating because the fibers breathe
- Pillows made with organic cotton, wool, or rubber provide superior support and protection from dust mite allergens, offering relief to allergy and asthma sufferers
You sleep away one third of your life – why not sleep healthy?
For a look inside TCB and for healthy sleep information every day, find and follow The Clean Bedroom on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Tumblr!
US National Library of Medicine
Environmental Justice Foundation