The Crescent Moon alpaca wool comforter uses a blend of 70% alpaca wool/30% sheep’s wool for these warm, cozy comforters. Interestingly, these are as warm as a down comforter, but less fill is needed to keep you warm so you won’t get hot and sweaty underneath. In short, alpaca wool comforters are a great alternative for those who cannot tolerate down.
Are Crescent Moon comforters hypoallergenic?
First of all, the wool is grown without herbicides in a stress-free environment and the animals are not dipped in pesticide baths. Secondly, the wool is chemical-free as they don’t use any chemicals, dyes, or bleaches during the processing. This wool does not contain lanolin or grease. Finally, this porous, naturally dry, and clean fill prevents dust mites and other allergens from settling in.
Crescent Moon Alpaca Wool Comforter Features
- A great natural alternative to down
- 100% GOTS-certified organic cotton
- 70% alpaca wool/30% sheep’s wool fill
- Hypoallergenic & dust-mite resistant
- Eco-friendly and bio-degradable
- Wool is a natural fire retardant
- Comes in 100% reusable unbleached cotton bag w/drawstring
- Available in an all-season weight or lightweight summer option
- We also carry matching pillows and mattress pads by Crescent Moon
Sewn in a beautiful crescent pattern:
Crescent Moon Comforter Duvet Covers
- Crescent moon now offers matching duvet covers.
- Duvet covers are the same material as the comforter cover
- Zippered at the bottom end for easy removal.
- Duvet covers are made of 100% GOTS-certified organic cotton, 200-thread count.
Care of Crescent Moon Alpaca Wool Comforter
- Always use a duvet cover.
- Most importantly, the machine should never be agitating, as that will shrink the wool.
- Wash as little as possible
- Finally, occasionally air outside to keep fresh.
Complete care instructions can be found HERE