Warmer, stronger, lighter than sheep’s wool
Crescent Moon uses a blend of 70% alpaca wool/30% sheep’s wool to make these warm, cozy comforters. As warm as a down comforter but less fill is needed to keep you warm so you won’t get hot and sweaty underneath. Alpaca wool comforters are a great alternative for those who cannot tolerate down.
Why Alpaca Wool?
Because it is warmer, stronger, lighter and cleaner than sheep’s wool. It is believed to be the best possible filling available today to provide you with a warm, comfortable, healthy and stress free sleep. An alpaca wool duvet will absorb up to 35% of its weight in moisture, keeping you dry and comfortable while you sleep.
Are these comforters hypoallergenic?
The wool is grown without herbicides in a stress free environment and the animals are not dipped in pesticide baths. No chemicals, dyes or bleaches have been used during the processing. This wool does not contain lanolin or grease. This porous, naturally dry and clean fill prevents dust mites and other allergens from settling in.
- Great alternative to down
- 100% organic cotton
- 70% alpaca wool/30% sheep’s wool fill
- Hypoallergenic & dust-mite resistant
- Wool is a natural fire retardant
- Comes in 100% reusable unbleached cotton bag w/drawstring
- Available in an all-season weight or lightweight summer option
- Crescent moon now offers matching duvet covers.
- Duvet covers are same material as comforter cover; zippered at bottom end for easy removal.
- Duvet covers are made of 100% GOTS-certified organic cotton, 200-thread count.
- See Chart comparison to sheep’s wool