Down has natural enemies. For instance, the humidity in your house, lotions, hair conditioners and the perspiration from your body all weigh down the filaments in down. If your pillow or comforter seems to be going flat, clumping, and/or separating, it is most likely moisture or oil robbing it of its original loft.
Laundering the product should adequately clean it and bring back its original fluffiness; however, this is not a guarantee.
DO NOT DRY CLEAN. The chemicals used actually break down the composition of down fiber.
The more you clean your product, the more you will actually cause breakdown of the natural product. Therefore, spot cleaning is the best practice for cleaning down products.
When professional laundering is needed to keep your Ogallala product luxurious, we recommend Blanc Plume French Laundry +1-800-307-0229 for guaranteed cleaning results.
The At-Home Laundering Instructions
The “do-it-yourself” laundering approach is at your own risk and does void any warranty coverage.
We would highly recommend to leave the laundering to the professionals!
However, if you are feeling brave, here’s how:
1. Use a large capacity front-loading washing machine. DO NOT use a top-loading washing machine.
2. Detergent must be an approved down-wash, such as Down Wash (by Le Blanc), or Dreft. DO NOT use Woolite.
3. Washing machine settings should be on cold water, and cycle should be DELICATE or HAND WASH.
4. After the first cycle is complete, run the cycle again without detergent to ensure all of the soap is removed.
5. Dry in a large capacity dryer at medium heat for a minimum of 6-8 hours, checking every 30 minutes to pull apart down clumps. When you think your comforter or pillow is dry, put it back into the dryer for one or two more cycles. Yes – you just read that right! DO NOT attempt to air dry since it will not dry quickly enough and will cause mildew.
We guarantee our products to be free from defects in the fabric and construction, materials and craftsmanship for a period of fifteen years from the date of purchase. This warranty does not extend to the filling material inside of the products, as the life of a product really depends on personal use. Scrunching, bunching, and folding your product can break it down substantially over a period of years, and may diminish the loft of the filling material in general. The use of a duvet cover, pillow protector, or mattress protector is required to maintain your warranty. We are not responsible for incidental damages, such as tears in the fabric, signs of abuse, improper care or cleaning, or for fabric worn by perspiration, oils, or fragrance. The product has to retain the Ogallala law label and care label. Coverage extends to the original consumer, from the date of purchase of this item or to the original gift recipient from the date of purchase. The consumer must have a copy of original invoice or this warranty is void.